Getting a bye week dead smack in the middle of the season can be a blessing for teams that need players to get some rest and lick their wounds, and coming off that bye week, your players should be feeling a lot better than 2 weeks before. In theory.
Such looks not to be the case with the Patriots, who have listed 14 questionable for today's game against the Buffalo Bills.
We already reported that among the 14, Aaron Hernandez will most likely miss this one for more rest to that injured ankle (we'll keep his name in the questionable list for dramataic purposes).
And we all know by now that Brandon Bolden will begin his 4-game suspension for PED use. DE Trevor Scott and LB Tracey White round out the list of players definitely out.
Then we have the aforementioned 14 listed as questionable:
• CB Kyle Arrington - Concussion (LP)
• DT Ron Brace - Back (LP)
• S Patrick Chung - Shoulder (LP)
• S Steve Gregory - Hip (LP)
• TE Aaron Hernandez – Ankle (LP)
• TE Rob Gronkowski - Hip (LP)
• LB Dont'a Hightower - Hamstring (LP)
• WR Brandon Lloyd - Knee (LP)
• LB Jerod Mayo - Elbow (LP)
• G Logan Mankins - Calf/Hip (LP)
• OL Nick McDonald - Shoulder (LP)
• LB Brandon Spikes -Knee (LP)
• OT Sebastian Vollmer - Back/Knee (LP)
• WR Wes Welker - Ankle (LP
All we can say is, thank god we're playing Buffalo!